Satellite Technologies And Wireless Network
During the past twenty five years there has been a phenomenal growth in the use ofcommunication of satellite for the transmission and distribution of radio and television
program. This book is written to introduce the satellite communication and its capabilities. It
is meant as both a primer for wireless technologies and as a guide on how to design and
implement a wireless data network.
The book focuses on:
– How wireless communication works
– The physics behind wireless communications
– What components make up a wireless network
– The Transmission Control Protocol/IP (TCP/IP) and how it relates to the conventions of the
Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Reference Model
– The various wireless technologies available today
– The methodologies used to design and implement a wireless network.